Published on December, 12th 2019
JOB OFFER / CALL FOR APPLICATION
SAIDA S.A., Salt production Company with production site located in Sidi El Hani-Mlichet-Zeramdine, Monastir, and partner in the MedArtSal project funded bythe Europeen ENI CBC MED2014-2020, is looking for a post-doc associate expert in microalgae production and separation methods.
MedArtSal project aims to promote the sustainable development of the artisanal salinas, providing concrete support on economic, environmental and governance issues.
Under the responsibility of the project manager and in collaboration with the other partners of the project the selected person will be responsible for:
· Design and Lead the experimental testing plan of the project related to micro-algae Dunaliella Salina production in in-land Salinas, focusing on the concentration and harvesting steps, in collaboration with University of Cadiz, Spain (UCA).
· Identify algae applications in food and cosmetics, in collaboration with UCA and a consultant in cosmetics, food and nutraceuticals that will be identified and contracted by SAIDA.
· Develop and manage the laboratory and pilot production plant (definition and procurement of the equipment needed, consumables, etc.)
· Write regular reports on the work results and Support the Development of the final Artisanal Salina development model, which is the main aim of the overall project,
· Participate to the meeting with other team members both via Skype and face-to face (travel abroad)
· Support the Communication manager of the project ensuring the communication Plan implementation for SAIDA, in collaboration with the SAIDA staff also dedicated to this task.
· Support the networking activities foreseen by the project
· Support the preparation of the Fairs foreseen for the project in Tunisia and abroad
· Participate to the definition of sub-grants selection procedure and to the selection of candidates Salinas which will Pilot the project Model developed.
Ideal candidate profile:
· PhD in biologic sciences, environmental science, chemistry or engineering.
· Specific experience in microalgae production and/or exploitation, preferably on Dunaliella Salina.
· Proficient in English
· Good knowledge of software of office package
· Good collaboration skills
· Available to travel abroad and within the Country for the project related activities.
We offer a temporary contract from January 2020 to October 2022, for 5 days/week working schedules and 26 days paid holidays/year.
This call is open to women and men with the required profile, with no discrimination on gender, race, nationality, language, religion, personal or social conditions.
To apply for this position, please send your CV together with a motivation Letter (in English) to the following email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or by direct submitting at SAIDA society. Please also indicate a telephone number where we could reach you.
Only applications which will be reaching us by December, 25rd, 2019 will be considered.
Interviews will take place as of December, 27th 2019 and the Contract will start as from January the 6th 2020.